Chhuhare Ke Ladoo for Diwali by Chef Rupesh Khandekar, Chef De Cuisine, Hotel Sahara Star.
Powder sugar: 200gm
Green cardamom powder: 10gm
1. Soak the chhuhare for 24 hours, remove the seed, and make a thick paste.
2. In a kadhai (wok), melt the ghee and add the chhuhare paste. Stir-fry over low heat. It takes about 40 minutes for the flour to get cooked and has a nice roasted smell.
3. Once the color becomes light brown. Add the mava and cooked it till the mava mix evenly. Switch off the heat and leave the mixture to cool it down till room temperature. If it does not cool entirely, it becomes moist when sugar is added.
4. Add the sugar and cardamom and mix well by rubbing it with your open palm against the base of the bowl. Rub till blended thoroughly. Add cashew nut and pistachio.
5. Shape into tight, hard balls, pressing hard at every stage. At the final stage, keep it pressed a little longer so that the surface becomes smooth.
6. Decorate the top of each ball with almonds and pistachios. Serve.
7. These ladoos can be stored for almost 4-5 weeks in an airtight jar.