Creator of the Instagram blog, Cucina Mia by Natasha, Natasha Celmi shares with us a modern Diwali recipe that you can prepare with leftover Gulab Jamuns. Natasha is a self-taught chef and is popular for her cooking workshops around India. She specializes in teaching people the art of cooking global flavors using fresh local produce.
- 6 gulab jamuns
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup thick yogurt/curd
- 6-7 Saffron strands
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- Toasted Pistachios or almonds
- Combine the yogurt and whipped cream together. Slice the gulab jamuns.
- Heat the milk, water, and saffron together. Take off the heat and add in the honey when slightly cook.
- In a glass, layer the yogurt cream, gulab jamun with its own syrup, and saffron syrup with some toasted nuts.
- Decorate as you like. Refrigerate for an hour at least and serve chilled.