Reuniting once again after a successful season in March, the phygital event embodies the excellence of the Indian Fashion Industry and promotes an era of thought-leading collaboration between the leaders of the industry Lakmé, FDCI, and RISE Worldwide.
Tarun Tahiliani to open with a grand digital showcase jointly presented by FDCI and Lakmé Fashion Week
The powerhouses of fashion and beauty in India – Lakmé, Fashion Design Council of India, and RISE Worldwide are all set to jointly present a phygital edition of FDCI X Lakmé Fashion Week with digital and on-ground shows next month. Lakmé Fashion Week and Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) will release the schedule shortly, comprising the best curation designers from Delhi, Mumbai, and across India. The upcoming season will showcase a host of new, emerging talent and the biggest and most established names from Delhi, Mumbai, and other parts of the country, setting an unparalleled benchmark in innovations, sustainability, and creativity.
Sunil Sethi, Chairman FDCI, commented, “The Fashion Design Council of India for decades has tirelessly worked to make the design industry leaders from the front and leave a global footprint. Our partnership with Lakmé Fashion Week to present a joint schedule this season has blurred geographical boundaries and will help one view the Indian Fashion industry more holistically. It also enables both FDCI and LFW to deliver the best and obtain in all forms, be it creative or the business of fashion.”
Sumati Mattu, Head of Innovations at Lakmé, said, “Lakmé led the inception of the Fashion Week in India decades ago with the idea of driving the twin worlds of fashion and beauty for the discerning Indian consumer. Since the beginning of the Lakmé Fashion Week, we have attempted to inspire thought leadership while driving the interests and expansion of the Indian Fashion Industry and giving a stage to fresh design talent in the country. Our continued collaboration with FDCI to present a joint schedule creates more opportunities for the industry to thrive and brings more fresh talent into the industry folds. We continue to remain true to the pillars of Lakmé Fashion Week, which are discoverability, sustainability, and talkability as we present the best in Indian fashion & beauty this season to a global audience.”
Jaspreet Chandok, Head RISE Fashion and Lifestyle, said, “With Lakmé Fashion Week, the idea has always been to help designers grow their businesses. With our renewed collaboration with FDCI, we are excited and set to present another season of outstanding ideas and designers. This time our collective strength from a buyer as well as consumer-aspect will help elevate business for the designer industry and set new benchmarks in beauty and fashion.”
- Leading designers like Anamika Khanna, Pankaj & Nidhi, MXS by Monisha Jaising and Shweta Bachchan, Payal Jain, Abhishek Gupta, Geisha Designs by Paras & Shalini, Rina Dhaka, Rana Gill, Jade by Monica & Karishma, Shruti Sancheti, Arpita Mehta, Chola, Nidhi Yasha, Limerick by Abirr n’ Nanki, Nikita Mhaisalkar, NIRMOOHA and many more to grace the platform
- FDCI to present designers Troy Costa, JJ Valaya, and Pearl Alumni The Pot Plant
- Leading Partners return to forge partnerships with top designers, including NEXA, AJIO, Logitech & Natural Diamond Council.
- INIFD presents Gen Next winners Deepit Chugh and Twinkle Hanspal will be launched.
- One of a kind association with Indian lifestyle social commerce platform, Trell
- Sustainable Fashion Day to feature R|Elan™ presents Circular Design Challenge winner ‘Bandit,’ Eka, 6Degree x Gaurang, Tencel X Rajesh Pratap Singh for Satya Paul, R|Elan™ presents Abraham & Thakore. Other showcases include a special craft documentary and a presentation of Peace Silk by Cocccon.
- See Now Buy Now experience in partnership with AJIO LUXE.
- The Lakmé Absolute Grand Finale will bring alive a collaboration that fuses the latest trend in Beauty with the edgy design sensibility of a leading designer, details to unwrap soon.